By admin on May 1, 2013 in Sewa | 0 Comments
Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!
Sikh Sabha of New Jersey is proud to hold its annual Vaisakhi Mela and Blood Drive on May 12th 2013! This years event will be the biggest and most fun we’ve ever had with a Rock Climbing Wall, Bungee Game and more rides, fun activities and FOOD! Please be sure to attend and bring along your family and friends!
By admin on Apr 11, 2013 in Sewa | 0 Comments
Vaisakhi day bears a great significance for the Sikhs across the world due of the fact that on the this day in the year 1699, Guru Gobind Singh laid down the foundation of the Panth Khalsa! This ENTIRE weekend is to be observed by thanking God and praying for the future prosperity. Please join us for all of these celebrations!! All keertan from this weekends program will be broadcast LIVE on http://sikhsabha.org/live-keertan
Friday, April 12:
1. Akhand Path at Gurudwara Sahib – starting at 4 am
2. Evening Program – Giani Prakash Singh Ji and Jatha 7 pm onwards
Saturday, April 13 (Vaisakhi Day) events:
• 7 to 9 AM Asa Ki Vaar – Dr. Gurnam Singh Ji (Punjab University Patiala)
1. Naam Simran 9-10 am
2. Nishan Sahib Seva 10-11 am
3. Kirtan by Dr. Gurnam Singh (Punjabi University, Patiala) 11 am to 1pm
Evening: Special Vaisakhi Day Kirtan by – Giani Prakash Singh Ji and Jatha – 7 pm onwards
Sunday, April 14 events:
1. Bhog Siri Akhand Path
2. Special Program by Khalsa School kids
3. Kirtan and Program by: Giani Prakash Singh Ji and Jatha
No Kirtan/Tabla classes. All keertan at SSNJ will be broadcast on http://sikhsabha.org/live-keertan
By admin on Mar 18, 2013 in Sewa | 0 Comments
Holla Mohalla Raag Basant Darbar
March 23, 2013 – Saturday Evening
holee keenee sa(n)th saev ||
I celebrate the festival of Holi by serving the Saints.
- Guru Arjan Dev Jee; Raag Basant; Ang 1180
- 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM: So Dar Rehras
- 7:00 PM – 7:45 PM Bhai Dalbir Singh Jee (Baba Bakale Wale) Video
- 7:45 Pm – 8:30 PM Bhai Surjit Singh Jee (Connecticut) Video
- 8:30 PM – 9:15 PM Bhai Manpreet Singh Jee (Punjabi University, Patiala) Video
- 9:15 PM – 10:00 PM: Bhai Parkash Singh Jee (Hazoori Raagi Lawrenceville Gurudwara Sahib) Video
- 10:00PM: Samaptee
HOLLA MAHALLA 2013:This annual samagam is in celebration of Holla Mahalla. During this spring, on March 23rd, Lawrenceville Gurdwara Sahib will be hosting a Gurmat Sangeet Raag Darbar, where all compositions by Raagi Jathas will be performed in purely Nirdharit Raag for the entire evening. This is a DO NOT MISS for Raag and Gurmat Sangeet lovers in North America. Aey Deedar Baksho Jee!!
By admin on Mar 15, 2013 in Gurbani, Gurpurabs, Kirtan, MultiMedia, Sewa, Sikh, Special Programs | 0 Comments
VaheGuroo Ji Ka Khalsa! VaheGuroo Ji Ki Fateh!!! ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ। ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ॥
**UPCOMING MARCH AND APRIL EVENTS**
Let’s thank Guru Sahib for these gracious blessings by attending/ participating in all the exciting events at SSNJ in the upcoming weeks. Details:
- March 16, 2013 – Saturday – Asa Di Vaar Keertan: Bhai Mukhtar Singh Jee Sri Nagar Wale and Jatha – 7 Am to 9 AM.
- March 23, 2013 – Saturday – Holla Mohalla – Basant Raag Darbar. Timings 6:30 PM onwards Keertan by:
- Bhai Rajinder Singh Raja
- Bhai Surjit Singh Jee (Long Island)
- Bhai Manpreet Singh Jee (New Jersey)
- Bhai Parkash Singh Jee (Lawrenceville Hazoori Raagi)
- April 6th and every first Saturday of the month – Simran Program 9 am to 10 am. Request for Sangat to reach Gurdwara Sahib at 8.45 AM.
- April 10th – Sukhmani Sahib Paath – 7pm to 9pm.
- Weekend April 12 – 14 Vaisakhi Celebrations:
- April 12th – 14th Akhand Path – Sign Up Sheet will be available at the Gurdwara Sahib in the upcoming weeks.
- April 13th morning – Asa Di Vaar, Simran and Sangat Keertan Program. More details to follow.
- April 14th diwan – more details to follow.
- April 20th morning – Amrit Sanchar – Please provide your names at SikhSabhaBOD@Yahoogroups.com or on Sunday. Details to follow.
- April 20th – 1 Pm – Sikh Youth Symposium Speech Competition – please provide names to Jeevanjot Kaur and/or Sutinder Singh at Gurudwara Sahib on Sunday. Books/Registration forms are available.
- Sikh Day Parade – April 27th. Sign up for buses is at the Gurdwara Sahib.
- Fundraising for building – please see online donation options at http://sikhsabha.org/donations
- Open langar slots – see http://sikhsabha.org/calendar for langar seva openings.
- Keertan Classes – vaaja and tabla classes from 2.30 pm to 3.30 pm. See any member of the BOD for details.
Live broadcast will be available for all events at http://sikhsabha.org/live-keertan. Let’s get together in Guru’s Hazoori and celebrate all these wonderful events as a Saadh Sangat.
Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh.
By admin on Feb 15, 2013 in Sewa | 0 Comments
Sadh sangat ji,
The online calendar for the slots for langar sewa is now open to view.
Following slots for langar sewa are open during the month of March:
March 1, 8, 15, 29
March 3, 24, 31
If you would like to take the sewa on any of these days, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can also call Bhai sahib at the gurudwara to put your name down on the calendar. The phone no. for gurudwara sahib is 587-3131
Please note that the online calendar will be updated ONLY on Sundays.