Guru Pyari Sadh Sangat ji,
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Wahegur ji ki Fateh,
Following are announcements from 12-Jan-2014 Diwan on upcoming events:
(1) Asa-di-Var Keertan on Saturday 18-Jan at 7-9am by Bhai Kuldeep Singh jee (London, UK). Please plan to attend; we will continue to strive to get more jathas and events planned in future.
(2) Homeless feeding on Saturday 18-Jan. In the great tradition of Guru Nanak Dev jee’s Sacha Sauda, SSNJ cooks and distributes free Langar food to the less fortunate on third Saturday of each month. Sangat is invited to join in getting groceries, prep/cooking at SSNJ, and then distribution to 200-300 persons at shelters in nearby areas. Kids are encouraged to participate in this initiative. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest in getting groceries, cooking and/or distribution. Coordinators are Vikram Singh, Gurpinder Kaur and Guneet Kaur.
(3) With Waheguru’s blessings and Sangat’s support and energy, the new building expansion will be started early this year. Details will be shared soon after review with Funding and Construction Committees. The new building is a necessity given our growing Sangat and we are all looking forward to get this started at the earliest.
(4) Many strategic initiatives are planned in 2014 and beyond and the entire Sangat is requested to actively participate in those; details on these Sewa opportunities will be shared next week. We are all excited about our collective energy to contribute together.
(5) Several Langar slots for Fridays and Sundays are open for Feb and March; Sangat is requested to see the calendar posted in lobby to book suitable open slots. Langar and snacks to be simple and eggless. If some snacks have nuts, it would help to mark them as such because some kids may be allergic to nuts.
(6) Direct deposit receipts for 2012 are available at front desk in lobby for tax purposes.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com with your questions or throughts.
Bhul chuk maaf.
Read More →